Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide, also referred to as CO, is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of organic fossil fuels such as oil gas and coal.

Dangerous levels of CO can accumulate when the fuel is not burning properly as a result of poor ventilation, blocked chimney or flue or damaged appliances.

Because it has no smell, taste or colour it is sometimes called the silent killer.
Prevention is always better than cure: by having your gas boiler and gas appliances correctly installed in good ventilated areas, properly repaired and serviced annually by Registered Gas Installers (RGI) the risks of been exposed to CO poisoning are reduced.
Stop using appliances immediately if you suspect they might be faulty.

Additional information on Carbon Monoxide can be found at the web site